Churros are pastries in the shape of a “big spaghetti” or a sweet elongated doughnut; they can be prepared in less than 1 minute.
Easy and quick to prepare, these delicious pastries of Spanish origin are usually eaten with a thick hot chocolate (chocolate con churros).
|Difficulty level : easy|
|Prep time : 1 minute|
|Rest time : –|
|Cook time : 4 mins|
|Total time : 5 mins|
|Yield : 6 servings|
|1.2 cup (150 g) flour|
|1 pinch of salt|
|1 cup (250 ml) boiling water|
|1 teaspoon of mild olive oil|
|1/2 cup (120 ml) fresh cream|
|2/3 cup (120 g) dark chocolate chips|
- Heat the frying oil.
- In a bowl, sift the flour.
- Add 1 pinch of salt, boiling water and olive oil.
- Mix with a spatula until you obtain a homogeneous paste.
- Place in a pastry bag fitted with a 1M tip.
- Form churros and brown in very hot oil.
- Brown and place on paper towels.
- Sprinkle with sugar if necessary.
- In a bowl, pour the hot whipping cream over the dark chocolate chips.
- Stir until you have a chocolate sauce.
- Pour into a small bowl.
- Serve churros with chocolate sauce and enjoy.
“Happiness is in the kitchen.”Paul Bocuse