Samosa is a donut native to Central Asia and the Middle East. Triangular in shape, it is made of a thin wheat dough that coats a stuffing traditionally made with vegetables or meat, chili peppers and spices, especially coriander and turmeric.
Samosa has been a popular delicacy in the Indian subcontinent for centuries. It is supposed to come from Central Asia before the 10th century.
The recipe below allows you to make delicious beef Samosas.
|Level of difficulty : easy|
|Prep time : 15 min|
|Rest time : –|
|Cook time : 15 min|
|Total time : 30 min|
|Yield : 4 servings|
|4 brick sheets|
|1 cup ground beef|
|4 cloves of garlic|
|1/2 tbsp curry|
|1 tsp ginger powder|
|1 tbsp sweet soy sauce|
|1 egg yolk|
- In a skillet, brown the onions, garlic cloves and chopped carrots over high heat with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Add the beef and brown for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle the curry, the ginger then pour the soy sauce.
- Mix well and cook over low heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Garnish the pastry sheets with stuffing and fold.
- Glue the last lapel with egg yolk.
- Cook in a base of frying oil for about 2 minutes on each side.
- Place on a plate with absorbent paper.
- Serve hot and enjoy !