5 Minute Egg Yolk Cream is a creamy mixture of egg yolks, flour, sugar and milk, topped with caramel; it takes less than 5 minutes to prepare.
Quick and easy to prepare, creamy and delicious, it can be enjoyed as a daytime snack.
|Difficulty level : low|
|Prep time : 5 mins|
|Rest time : –|
|Cook time : 15 mins|
|Total time : 20 mins|
|Yield : 6 servings|
|5 egg yolks|
|4 tablespoons flour or cornstarch|
|4 tablespoons powdered sugar|
|2 cups milk|
|caramel topping (optional)|
- In a bowl, beat egg yolks with sugar until mixture turns white.
- Add flour and continue to whisk.
- Pour in a little milk, stir and pour into a saucepan.
- Put on low-medium heat.
- Gradually add the remaining milk while stirring and continue cooking over high heat.
- Lower the heat as soon as the cream begins to set and continue cooking over medium heat, stirring constantly, until it thickens.
- Pour the cream into a cold bowl to stop the cooking.
- Pour a little caramel in the bottom of the glasses and pour the cream.
- Let cool and store in the refrigerator.
- Serve and enjoy !
“You have to put your heart into the kitchen.”Rosa Lewis